Sunday, April 10, 2011

The East Side

No I'm not referring to the fabulous New York, although now I wish I was, but the East Side of the globe, which is where many designers from fashion month pulled their inspiration into the fabulous silhouettes that strutted their stuff on catwalks all over the world.

Now again, I know fashion month is so far over that many of you have shuffled the thought to the back of your minds, but in Australia, we get stuff slow, so it's just started to influence on everyday people, believe it or not, though some stay true to their black tights and flip flops (a.k.a thongs down here)... Why?

Back on topic, as we all plainly saw, many collections were inspired by beautiful sun-kissed countries such as Egypt, India and Asia. But this was not just a few photos and 15 minutes of inspiration upon the 11th hour, but many actually did travel overseas over the Winter of the Northern Hemisphere to these much coveted countries that seem so far away, yet so close, and this was very noticeable, with brands such Richard Chai Love, Preen and Christian Siriano designers chatting backstage at fashion shows about their fabulous experiences abroad.

With modern interpretations fit for a modern day empress, desert princess or African queen, I felt as if I simply had to share these fabulous finds with you all, even though we're very much aware of the style that the world has been talking about for quite some time now!


















I personally love the trend, because it just shows how diverse and flexible the fashion world is, so much so that we can have countless different trends in one season and still manage to keep up with it all. What are your thoughts on the Eastern inspired trends? Love or hate? Don't forget to hit that follow button and leave a comment below, and happy Sunday to you all!
Love E 

21 comments:

  1. love the long beige dress on line 6!! so gorgeous !!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!

    chloe-mia.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of these!

    xx
    18candlesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment,sweetheart!
    Yes,I'll follow you with great pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment, dear! Great blog!
    I am following now, maybe you'll take a look at my blog and follow it, if you want?
    xoxo

    http://disco-in-moscow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for visiting! Yes sure we can follow each other, I am following as of now, so do kindly follow me back please.
    Your blog is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. every your post is so amazing! so love your blog!keep the great work :* :)

    http://mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww thnx for visiting my blog!! So sweet! and yes I can't believe it myself...I have been deprived of a top coat for way too lonG!! ur pg is absolutely adorable! I love it! I love doll houses and such too! and gossip girl is my fav show too!!!
    yes lets follow each other! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love so much the romantic mood of your blog:)nice post!!like all the pics and must have!
    Follow me dear??i'll do the same back..i'd be very happy to follow each other..
    kiss

    patchworkporter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these.. al sorts of colours!!

    www.daisy-mak.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. woah, such an amazing post ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bohemian is great and absolutely love it! :)

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing looks,I love haute couture!And your header is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all the designs love how there is so much color so amazing! thanks for the comment!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love prints and colours as a rule anyway, but these pics are just fabulous...

    I'm a big fan of a draped, loose fit too so am glad that these trends are in again this year.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the dresses are so gorgeous! I especially love the purple flowy one :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator