Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hauteingly Familiar

So I know it may have came out a while ago, but I am officially obsessed with Chanel's Haute Couture collection. Three words: It. Is. Amazing. Why do expensive things have to be so pricey? No fair :( Okay, enough of my continuous rants about meaningless nothings, I won't bore you all to death. Fashion. Fashion is what we're here to talk about. Deep breath Evana. You can do it.

We all know Karl Lagerfeld to be the absolute genius behind Chanel, which I know won't last forever but at least hope it lasts for a long time, and this haute couture collection is definitely no exception. With it's classical tweed given a divine twist, as well as classic pieces fit for a queen. Chanel is literally the essence of femininity and classic, and always will be. But enough of my insane rambling, decide for yourselves! And no it is not the complete collection, just my ultimate favourites. It was heartbreaking not including them all, but I got through it!












You must agree, epitome of classical, yes? Express yourself in the comments button down below, I want to assure myself as to whether everyone else is obsessed with Chanel or if it's just me. Help!

Okay this post may be way too long already, but just one more thing. Yesterday night, my lovely friend and long-time follower Kimberly from City Style (you may know her, she is one of the nicest bloggers I've met) nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award!


The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the amazing person who nominated you
2. Share 7 random facts about your lovely self
3. Nominate 15 well-deserving blogs
4. Leave each nominee a note about their recent award!

It's that easy! Okay, now for the 7 facts I know you all want to hear (I can hear the groans already!)

1. I cannot eat cereal without milk. Weird huh? It just tastes... Wrong to me.
2. I have an immense obsession with scarves, have bought about five in the last two weeks.
3. Macaroons are my all time favourite thing in the world. No joke. It's a serious addiction.
4. At the moment my wardrobe is at full capacity, I need more space!
5. My favourite singer is Britney, die hard fan!
6. I am terrified of magpies and crows, but then again what sane person isn't?
7. Instead of completing my ever-demanding list of homework due tomorrow, I am blogging. Typical, but awesomely typical.

And now for the 15 blogs that have stolen my heart with their loveliness (excuse the theatrics)!
1. The Man Repeller
2. KARLA'S CLOSET
3. Silky Bow
4. Purple Dragonfly
5. diana kang
6. because im addicted
7. Style Bubble
8. all the pretty birds
9. keiko lynn
10. I Live For It
11. Frank Vinyl
12. Carlita Las Vegas
13. Mon Mode Blog
14. GretchTM
15. 2 Mates and a Blog

Thank you all for being such amazing bloggers and followers! And on that lovely (pun intended) note, I shall depart, see you all tomorrow!
Love E 

13 comments:

  1. love love love the collection so amazing he is a genius and the chanel is just so feminine elegant and yet built for a strong woman i just love it! thanks for the compliment you're so sweet!

    giveaway on my blog!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award and thanks so much for passing it on to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I can't pick a favorite! I just love them all, I know what you mean! Why can't we find Chanel at some bargain store:) Men, that would make my day!!! I love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Love,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love that you promote other bloggers! And yes the Chanel collection is AMAZING!

    Enter our First Giveaway: http://www.brittandwhit.com/2011/04/brittwhits-1st-giveway.html


    love from San Francisco,

    -Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I try not to look at the lovely new lines because I know I'll want things I would never, ever buy. Plus, I dress myself almost exclusively in thrifted and second hand things. You're not likely to stumble across Chanel in the thrift stores, now, are you? Hah.

    Congrats on the award. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the collection. I love chanel. Always amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh :) thanks for nominating me, it means a lot :) I love all those Chanel pictures you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures!I just discovered your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG i am on ur lovely blog list. i am so happy thank you, you saved my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much xxxxx

    totally following....follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award!

    Love these pics - very whimsical!

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator