Thursday, April 7, 2011

Snap, Colour, Pop!

It's probably from the again-warm weather, because down here we're near the end of Fall and it's meant to be freezing at this point, but I am STILL obsessed with colour! I know what you're all thinking, Evana, get over it, talk about something new! I assure you, I've tried, it just seems that everywhere I look, there's colour colour colour!

It's such a fun way to dress; the options are literally limitless. Whether it's a rebellious red or a tiffany blue, colour just makes everything seem so much more fun and exciting! I personally like more neutral tones, but every once in a while sporting a red clutch or bright yellow dress adds that personal flare.














As I said in the past two (I think?) previous posts, I thanked Kimberley from City Style for her selecting me to receive a Stylish Blogger award. At the time I had no idea what it was, but after an explanation (thanks hun!) I shall now tell you all 10 things you may or may not know about me!


1. I am of Greek background
2. My favourite food is macaroons :)
3. Favourite song right now is House Lleujia by Stromae (it's French)
4. Favourite models are Abbey Lee Kershaw, Natalia Vodianova and Freja Beha Erichsen.
5. My dream car is a Volkswagen Beetle (half crescent moon colour in a hard top convertible)
6. I have never seen snow.
7. I hope to be a fashion journalist one day so much that it actually drives me insane thinking about.
8. My dad doesn't approve of this career path, as he thinks the best job is the 'easy one with money'.
9. I have been a swimmer from when I was about 12, and train about 8 times a week.
10. My best friends are the nicest, randomnest (is that a word?) and funniest people you will ever meet.

AND I now nominate ten blogs for this award! (I hope that's what I'm meant to do...)
1. ChiccaStyle
2. fashion insouciance
3. Frank Vinyl
4. The Dawn of Style
5. Lipstick and Ruffles
6. Style Abuse
7. Vision of a Dreamer
8. FASHION TRAIN
9. Fashion Squad
10. Cupcakes and Cashmere

All of your blogs have of course been an absolute inspiration to me, but these 10 in particular always make me reconsider my perspective of fashion and help me to build up the courage to - heaven forbid - think OUTSIDE my style bubble and look at the new trends dominating the streets, so for that I say both thank you and congratulations!
Love E 

29 comments:

  1. love these summer brights! and congrats on the blog awad - I'm of greek descent too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much my dear Evana for this award!!!I really apreciate it, but above all I have to thank you for your sweet words,for supporting and following my blog everyday!!!you're amazing!!!
    Big kiss,
    Federica
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyyyyyy this is an amazing post! following your blog now

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos and thankyou for the award!
    and yes who cares, you can never have too many shorts!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pinkness!!)))

    follow u 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post!)))) I like all of these photos) And amazing colours)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the photos babe, very inspirational. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pretty bright colors! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!
    I am now following you:)

    http://omgitstiffduh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. woooow the pics are amazing!!!!!
    http://meldrasblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful looks!! very inspiring... love all...

    Kisses!

    http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these looks, especially the Jil Sander dress

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how i love the pinks and the yellows.
    such gorgeous pieces.<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coool pink!

    Thanks for stopping by and welcome! Sure I am Ur follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love!!!!

    xoxo
    www.fashionhasit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing pictures! Congrats on your award :)

    chloe-mia.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love colors!!!! I can't wait to wear my bright wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you welcome! and love all the color so great even if its fall a pop of color is always in style!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. well it is certainly a trend, but i will assure you people are going to make some fashion mistakes. not everybody will be able to put these kind of looks together. this compilation is showing us how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the blog award!
    And gorgeous pics!

    Sadie x

    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome post evana, love colour as much as you do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos are absolutely beautiful! I love colors as well, though I'm a bit reluctant to try the color blocking trend. I hope you achieve your dream of becoming a fashion journalist! Just go for it; if it's where your heart is, then it's the right path to take. :)
    Thank you so much for nominating me! This is such a privilege.

    Mars of fashion insouciance

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brights I love so much!!!! A little color goes a very long way. Congrats on The Stylish Blogger Award! You definitely have got style =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your award! Thank you so much for nominating me...It truly means a lot that what I do is such an inspiration to you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. 28 reasons we love you.. :PP perfect post..concrats!!!
    Follow us and we would love to follow you too..Keep blogging honey!!!
    yours fashionably,
    http://modeliciousbites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. u blog is lovely! the photos look great
    check out mine too if u want
    http://etbreadandbutter.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Killer bright pink suit - love love love!

    x Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator