Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BCBG Max Azria and Ports 1961

Yes, I know, New York Fashion Week seems forever ago, what with Paris Fashion Week well underway, but I just had to blog about these two collections which I absolutely fell in love with this year.

This Spring, BCBG Max Azria was all about lightweight, airy and ethereal designs. There was a parade of sheer materials and asymmetrical silhouettes, proving that BCBG women are ones of femininity and strength, as shows by severe ponytails and the natural faces worn by each model. The show transitioned from virginal white to daring black, and focuses on form and shape with a hint of decoration.


















This season, Ports 1961 made it look fun and easy, putting on a show full of pretty daywear and cocktail pieces inspired by a trip to Tunisia. "The sky was so blue and the sand was so gold. I wanted to create an urban interpretation of someone who's dreaming of the desert," Cibani says, and with a collection chockablock full of tawny golds, ivories, vibrant, shimmering colours and perfect, flowing silhouettes tells us that she did just that, and a wonderful job too.
















I love both of these labels, probably because they both use beautiful colours and materials and that BCBG is more casual and relaxed while Ports 1961 has more of an evening edge to it, so if I had to choose two labels off the catwalk to be my permanent wardrobe, I'm pretty sure it would be these two!

Are you more of a casual or evening dresser? Who was your favourite designer this New York Fashion Week, and what was your absolute favourite show?
Love E 

4 comments:

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator