Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sasha for April Free People

We've all seen it - on the runways, on the street and in magazines. This Spring, while the style is utterly feminine, some can come off as very serious. Fortunately, that's where Free People came in this April, with none other than the gorgeous Sasha Pivovarova.

In this colourful and tribal-feel shoot, Sasha taps into her inner bohemian spirit for the April catalogue. Photographed by Guy Aroch, she dons an array of billowing skirts, tribal accessories and denim as she poses alongside some exotically cute animal friends.

The use of the mute colour palette of ivory and neutral hues, Free People has brought a luxurious sense of relaxation into the spring season, and many are loving it! I went to check out people's blogs today and about five had posted this spread, and after seeing it, I immediately knew why! The wild spirit and simplicity captured in these shots are enough to drool over, with the use of the wild-child stereotype and gorgeous clothes we all want!

So if you've seen it already, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, but if you haven't, check it out below, and get ready to fall in love with these stunning designs and outfits fit for a (tribal-esque) princess!






AND because I just love you all so much, here's the video. It pretty much is the same thing as the spread, but just more of a look at all the outfits and more cute furry and feathery animals. Yay, two of our favourite things - fashion and cutesy wutesy animals! :)







So... What do you think? I don't think I could ever pull off any of these looks (ask my friends, I don't look good in 'adventurous' outfits. They tease me), but it doesn't mean a girl can't dream!
Love E 

11 comments:

  1. aw sasha with the tiger, so cute! I love the white dress with the booties. I agree though alot of free people stuff is just too much on one garment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaaaaaazing! love the last shot. ugh so in love w her. I love this post!

    I Live For It

    Xx. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love FreePeople!!! I'm loving the muted colors too!

    -Christine
    http://trendenvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collaboration is incredible! Though i'd dsay that about anything that sasha did 2bh! I think you could definitely wear some of these looks- esp that shorts outfit, I think it looks perfect for festival season! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks amazing! The styling rocks! Love your blog too :)

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha you're so funny. i love your blog. sasha is perfect in so many ways and that last picture makes me want to go buy a peacock! this collection is amazing. i guess widelegs ARE really coming back

    http://lebellemimi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice pics!

    Elle

    http://redischic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's amazing!!
    I really like your blog, sooooo inspiring! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit with the jeans!!

    http://burningskyy.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator